Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pittsburgh

For Labor Day weekend, Andy and I are headed to Pittsburgh to meet my aunt to take in a couple of Pirates games, visit the Strip District, and just generally enjoy the city. In honor of that, I thought I'd take a minute to talk about the movie Pittsburgh. It's part documentary and part fiction and follows Jeff Goldblum as he goes back to his hometown to appear in a 2-week run of The Music Man (one of my favorite musicals). This movie is a lot fun and makes Jeff Goldblum seem very likable. Goldblum did actually appear in the musical in Pittsburgh and his mom is played by his mom, but there are certainly portions of the film that are made up (the relationship between Illeana Douglas and Moby being a likely candidate). Check it out!

1 comment:

h.Lo said...

Hope you two have a swell trip! =) Go Pirates?