Monday, December 8, 2008

Our First Real Tree

We decided to upgrade from our fairly lame fake tree to a real one this year. We snagged a 5 ft* Frasier Fir at our local nursery. It definitely feels more like Christmas is coming with our own real tree filling up our living room.

Sydney finds fake trees ever so boring.


An upgrade for 2008


I just couldn't pass up this ornament when we went to Target to buy a tree stand. I mean, c'mon, a hippo skiing! What's not to like? (Andy's reaction was one of horror asking if I was serious).

*The tree is taller than me, and I'm 5'8", so it's a very generous 5 ft.

2 comments:

akemijoy said...

Nice upgrade! I love the skiing hippo... Sam mentioned it while we were in a Christmas store. They had lots of stuff, but no skiing hippo! (^_^) Target for the win!

Hope all is well with you and the animals. I miss you guys!

h.Lo said...

Pretty! That hippo should fit in nicely with the collection from your family, too, right? =) Love it!