Saturday, April 4, 2009

How Many Tys Does it Take to Win the National Championship?

I'm really hoping the answer is three.

1. Tyler Zeller (looking much tougher than he usually does)

2. Tywan Lawson (on the left)
and of course
3. Tyler "Pyscho T" Hansbrough
Obama's bracket hasn't worked out as well as he hoped. That's okay by me because his champion is still in the mix. I definitely enjoyed the decisive win over Oklahoma last weekend.

I am definitely nervous about tonight's game. Can Carolina beat all of the remaining teams? Definitely. Are they the best team of the bunch? Probably. Does that mean they will win? Certainly not. Last year's debacle was proof enough that even a really good team can collapse.

I am not counting out Villanova---they have some great guards, and we are going to be on top of our game to keep up with them. If we manage to get by them, I think I may be more nervous about Michigan State than UConn....mostly for psychological reasons. We beat MSU earlier in the year in this same venue by 35 points, so I should not be nervous, right? Well, for one, MSU was without key player Suton. For another, Carolina might get lazy, assuming this game will be easy. MSU has gotten much better over the season, and we could be in trouble. But enough talk of the still hypothetical title game. We have to beat a great team to even get there.

Unfortunately I am not going to get to see all of the game tonight because we are going to see Minneapolis rockers The Hold Steady tonight. I suspect I may be hanging out in the bar, and I think The Hold Steady would be okay with that.

No comments: