Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scary Good

Andy, here.

Indiana beat Tennessee-Chattanooga last night 99-79. Eric Gordon, perhaps the best freshman Indiana has had since Isiah Thomas, put up 33 points in the victory. I've been reading the hype about this guy on Peegs for years now, and the early indication is that he's better than I thought he'd be.

In spite of the win, the Hoosiers looked exposed in a few different areas. The defense in the first half was a joke (allowing 50 points in a half at home!?! Inconceivable!). DJ White was disappointing down low (he needs more than 4 rebounds, especially against a small team). And when Gordon wasn't on the floor, the offense looked a little confused. The good news is that these are all correctable issues, and it is only the first game of the season. And it was a twenty point win. At this point there seems to be no limit to the amount of success this team can have.

4 comments:

Maddog said...

Eric Gordon Rocks!

Anonymous said...

Gordon is tough.

DJ needs to get his shit together.

Good to see Stemler has founld his shot again (I can't even type that with a straight face).

Still I am encouraged as long as their defense gets better.

Shawn said...

Gordon is definitely The Man, but he needs to quit shooting the 3 from NBA range..we know he's one-and-done, I don't need a constant reminder. :)

Anyway, Go Hoosiers!

Anonymous said...

Nicely played Doug. I keep going back and reading this:

Good to see Stemler has founld his shot again (I can't even type that with a straight face).

It has not yet failed to make me laugh out loud (in a sad, somewhat dejected, Sampson-obviously-loves-his-worthless-ass-so-I'm-going-to-have-to-watch-him-suck-balls-at-least-25-minutes-per-game-for-the-remainder-of-this-season sort of way).