Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wes Anderson

Andy and I finally saw The Darjeeling Limited a couple of weeks ago (not sure what took us so long since we are both huge Wes Anderson fans). I was really impressed with this film, though I am unabashedly in the bag for Adrian Brody. Wes Anderson has a unique way of creating a setting and putting mildly dysfunctional characters in it. By the way, you can read Andy and Ryan's review of The Darjeeling Limited here (and you can expect a new review every Tuesday).

With the completion of his 5th movie, I thought I'd post our top five lists. For me, 1 and 5 are definite, but the other 3 shift depending on how recently I've watched them and my mood.

Elizabeth
1. Bottle Rocket
2. Rushmore
3. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. The Darjeeling Limited
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Andy
1. Rushmore
2. Bottle Rocket
3. The Darjeeling Limited
4. The Royal Tenenbaums
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

I also thought it was high time for the newly added poll. Who do you like more: Wes Anderson or P.T. Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love). One of my all time favorite movies is Magnolia, so this is a toughie for me, but Andy said it was easy...

3 comments:

Shawn said...

I like Wes over PT, although I think PT has been more consistent recently. Haven't seen Darjeeling yet, but I'm 99% sure that my Top 5 Wes movies would mirror yours, E. In fact, Bottle Rocket is in my Top 10 overall...I could watch it every week.

Maddog said...

My top five would be...

1. Bottle Rocket
2. Rushmore
3. The Darjeeling Limited
4. The Royal Tenenbaums
5. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

Slammin' Sam said...

i am too late to vote, but definitely PT. although, i'm not that huge a fan of him either. i would honestly rather watch ghost busters or the die hard quadrilogy.

who you gonna call.

i guess if i had to pick a favorite wes anderson flick, it would be darjeeling limited.