Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Big Shabasko


As most Indiana people know, there was a pretty major thunderstorm / tornado that rolled through Indianapolis on Friday night. We lost power a little before midnight and didn't get it back until around noon the next day. For all of the 10,000 lightning strikes recorded in the area, Ramona didn't react to the thunder once, even when lightning downed half of a tree 1 block over from us.

I took the picture above around 1:00 A.M. It was such a constant stream of lightening that it was inevitable that I actually caught a little of it in a randomly snapped photo.

Note: As I write this I see that storms are knocking around the southern part of the state today. I have to confess...I missed thunderstorms while we lived in the PNW.

3 comments:

Slammin' Sam said...

glad you guys are okay. i also miss thunderstorms. in a weird way, they're very calming. or perhaps a better word is humbling.

stay safe.

h.Lo said...

Glad you're okay, too, but damn! I do NOT miss t-storms. They scare the bejeezus out of me. ciao...

Shawn said...

I kinda miss T-storms, but I'm sure our cats don't.

I'd certainly trade our crappy June PNW weather (constant rain and 53 degree highs so far for June) for some warmer weather and storms.