Friday, September 25, 2009

Sydney

We got some sad news this week. Sydney was diagnosed with lymphoma. We are still figuring out treatment options, but it looks like we are measuring our time left in months. The good news is that she's home (she was at the vet for 3 days this week) and is as feisty as ever. Plus, she can eat whatever she wants, so she is pretty stoked about that! She is less happy about the pills we have to give her...so far, we've done one. Let me tell you...not fun! I am really sad (Andy is too of course) b/c she's such a kickass kitty cat. And because she's been a part of my life since I was 16! Seriously, she's been my cat longer than I've been an adult.

5 comments:

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat said...

So sorry to hear this.
I lost a cat to lymphoma about a year ago- but some cats can actually be cured or get a few years more with treatment, it depends on the type of lymphoma and the cat.
My cat's blog was at fractiouscat.blogspot.com (yes, a cat with a blog)
I started that blog for him as a way of helping myself thru his illness and his blog may give you some helpful information as well. Also Yahoo groups has a wonderful feline lymphoma support (there should be a link from the above mentioned blog about halfway down the sidebar). You could also email me at catsinmd at gmail dot com with any questions.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry, Elizabeth!

h.Lo said...

Oh, so sad. Here we thought it was pancreatitis? Definitely sending lots of good thoughts your way. Syd is definitely a wonderful little gal. =(

akemijoy said...

Sorry to hear the news. I'm thinking of you and Andy and Sydney and sending love and positive thoughts your way.