Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sydney

It sucks to share this news, but since I've blogged about Sydney's lymphoma previously, it seems to make sense to share that we put Sydney to sleep on New Years Eve. She seemed happy to the end. We are both really sad, and I in particular am having a hard time starting out 2010 without my cat of 14 years. We are really glad we decided to take her with us to NC, where she lived out her final week in a queen-like manner, lording over her personal studio apartment (above my parent's carport) with frequent visitors stopping by (including my brother who gave her milk a few times a day). She was a fantastic cat and is missed.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Elizabeth -

I'm so sad to hear this. Sydney was such a sweet kitty. I'm glad I got to visit with her over Christmas. Its so hard to lose a pet - I'll be thinking of you.

Marie

Ash Miller said...

So sorry to hear this news Elizabeth. She was a real sweetheart, and I'm glad to hear that she received such a queen's treatment in NC.

Booger said...

I am very sorry.

h.Lo said...

We are so sorry to hear this news. =( Her sweet little calico face will surely be missed. I'm sure she was quite happy with the time she spent with you here on earth. RIP, sweet girl.

akemijoy said...

Sorry to hear about Sydney. I will miss getting to see her walking into the room with her head cocked to the side so sweetly. I feel so lucky to have met her and gotten lots of Sydney-love over the years.

Glad to hear that you got to take her with you to NC to be with your family.

Love to you and Andy.

Slammin' Sam said...

She was a very cool cat, one that I'll probably always remember. It was fun spoiling her with drinks from my water glass when we got to visit. She was lucky to have such caring people. Our thoughts are with you.