Monday, February 11, 2008

53 wins / Top 5

UPDATE: I forgot to add our Built to Spill Top 5 in the original post; it's the first listed now! Andy also points out that I was incorrect in my capitalization of song titles (all words should be capitalized), so I apologize to all who were upset by this error!

With impending weather in Indiana, we've decided to stay in NC for one more day. We're planning to head out Wednesday (which was our original plan). Though Andy's getting antsy, I have a cold and am enjoying some downtime.

Last night, we watched the Carolina-Clemson game. For those of you not in the know, Clemson has never beaten Carolina at home. As of yesterday, Carolina had won 52 consecutive games at home against Clemson, dating back to 1926! My dad and I were worried about the game though, since both the starting and backup point guards for Carolina were hurt. Carolina was losing almost the whole game, and it took 2 overtimes, but they extended their streak to 53!

In unrelated news, Andy and I thought we would share our car ride top five lists. To entertain ourselves in the car, we made top five lists for bands when they came up on the ol' pod. We skipped artists with too many songs on the ipod (The Beatles) or too few (Sin Tax) or ones we just didn't feel like doing. Here are the ones we came up with:

Built to Spill
5. You were Right
4. In the Morning
3. Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss
2. Dystopian Dream Girl
1. Big Dipper

The Eels

5. Christmas is going to the dogs
4. Grace Kelly Blues
3. Woman driving / man sleeping
2. Fresh Feeling
1. Mr. E's beautiful blues

Guster
5. Careful
4. Barrel of a gun
3. What you wished for
2. Diane
1. Amsterdam

Beulah
5. Popular mechanics for lovers
4. Landslide baby
3. A good man is easy to kill
2. Emma blowgun's last stand
1. Hey brother

Ryan Adams
5. Let it ride
4. To be young
3. Damn Sam, I love a woman that rains
2. English girls approximately
1. Come pick me up

Whiskeytown
5. Too drunk to dream
4. Paper Moon
3. Faithless Street
2. Mining Town
1. Avenues

Wilco
5. Summer Teeth
4. Box full of letters
3. A shot in the arm
2. Jesus, etc.
1. Forget the flowers

The Jayhawks
5. Over my shoulder
4. Save it for a rainy day
3. What led me to this town
2. Blue
1. Crowded in the wings

5 comments:

h.Lo said...

Safe travels on the next leg of your journey, guys. I bet you are so excited to finally be "home". Take care... =)

John D said...

I love that we share so many favorite bands, yet have so many different favorite songs. I'll have to put together my answer to your top five lists some other time that's not so close to bedtime.
Happy travels ya'll! Grab some sweet tea and biscuits from Bojangles on your way out of NC! You won't regret it.
I talked to my folks tonight and it sounds like you're better off stayin' put in Carrboro for a couple days, INDOT does take their sweet sweet time...

Slammin' Sam said...

feel better soon. the smiths are coming to pdx this weekend, so we'll be dining w/some indiana folk soon.

have fun w/yur new house!

Shawn said...

Better watch out when The Smiths are around, Sam..that Morrissey is a picky eater! ;)

I like the top 5/band idea tho..good to see Wilco representin' via the old stuff. I could listen to Box Full o Letters and Shot in the Arm every day.

h.Lo said...

Updated comment to add: Dystopian Dream Girl!!!!! F-yeah.