Friday, February 29, 2008

Settling In

Now that Andy and I have more or less settled into the new house, I thought I'd share a few pictures. It's not quite as organized as we'd like, but it's getting there. We're planning to repaint, and we still have many pictures to hang. I also have to brag about my homeowner moment when I successfully fixed our running toilet (I gained a mechanical skill point---it rocked!).

Here's one of our gigantic master, which does not get filled up by our new king bed.






We decided to upgrade when we figured out that our queen box spring would not fit up the narrow attic stairs (or down the steep basement stairs either!). We had to get a split mattress and split box spring, but all four of us fit comfortably on the bed!







Andy's pride and joy (other than the
beverage fridge in the basement) is the 'book room,' which also holds most of our cds.









We're not crazy about the strange painted border, but I admit that it is growing on me. However, I draw the line at the matching border on the shades. We need to get new blinds!!



Here are the dining and living rooms.












We were okay (not thrilled) with the color in the living room until Kerns pointed out to Andy that it was the same color as Greensburg High School (thanks a lot Kerns!).








Here's one of the 'bunk bed' room featuring the bunk beds made by my dad. Downside of this guest room: you can't have the fan on if you want to sleep in the top bunk!

6 comments:

Bop said...

What happened to all the boxes!?!?!? I thought they really tied the room together.

Unknown said...

Your house is amazing! Since your Dad mentioned a lot of family furniture was sent out I had fun trying to locate stuff I remember!

Keep those blogs coming!

Kathie

h.Lo said...

Wow you guys! It is really starting to come together. Kudos on fixing the toilet. I have to say, agreed on getting rid of the bordered blinds. People make funny choices.

PS Glad to see the brown menace fits in with the new digs so nicely, too! =)

Slammin' Sam said...

i see no books in the "book" room!

Anonymous said...

Sam, in this case, books are 'not pictured.' I assure you they are there!

Slammin' Sam said...

sure, sure.... a likely story!

check your email in the next day or so for a little book room help...