Thursday, February 5, 2009

74-47

I know that it's not nice to gloat about team's losses, but when Duke scores fewer than 50 points in a 27-point loss, I can't help but be gleeful. Did I mention that Duke lost? By a lot? They did. Last night. So did Wake Forest. By a lot.

But wait, there's more. Indiana won!! Their first Big Ten win of the year. There is a lot of hope surrounding Indiana basketball. We went to a game a couple of weeks ago, and the crowd was fantastic. Though it was fairly annoying that the middle-aged lady sitting next to me kept yelling "Miss it!" when Minnesota had the ball and "c'mon Tom!" (referring to Pritchard in this case), I definitely appreciated her enthusiasm. IU is on the way back up. We are through with the nonsense of the last few years, and we can move forward. This win, while not important in terms of IU's record, was needed for the pyche of Indiana fans. Also, Duke lost!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Good news all around! It was great seeing IU win a Big Ten game finally..probably more exciting than watching them dominate most of last season, considering the composition of the team and badass new coach. I hope I can get to a game next year when they should be greatly improved.