Saturday, April 26, 2008

guess we should have moved to NC

Many people know that Superchunk is one of my favorite bands. Yet somehow I've only managed to see them once. [that was a show in Portland, where I 'famously' lost my mind a little bit. I became incredibly paranoid that they weren't going to show (dreams beforehand, panic during the opening acts, one of which was little known at the time Rilo Kiley)...and then when we were leaving, I was incredibly confused when my car from high school wasn't parked outside. This just shows what a gigantic if strange fan I am....though when I had the chance to talk to lead singer Mac about year ago in Seattle at a Portastatic show, I can say proudly that I did not act like a giant weirdo.]

Next Friday, they are playing a FREE show with the Arcade Fire in my hometown in support of Barack Obama!! It's "sold out" at this point, but I'd definitely figure out a way to get there if I could. Superchunk hasn't toured since 2001-2002 and really hasn't played many shows outside of the triangle since then. I wish I could figure out a way to get down there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already got my tickets, come on down for the weekend ;)

h.Lo said...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/50390-photos-arcade-fire-superchunk-rally-for-obama-greensboro-nc-050108

A little recap for you... =P