Thursday, May 29, 2008

If hating the Reds is wrong...

Last night, Ryan, Mike, and I attended the Pirates-Reds game in Cincinnati.* (Andy was off mooning over Tom Crean in New Albany). I have never been a Reds fan (a couple reasons include: 1) they beat the Pirates for the pennant in 1990 and 2) Pete Rose). But recent trips to Great American Ballpark have given me new reasons to dislike them.

1) They've stopped serving kielbasa at the park. (I will say their frosty malt cups (UDF) are delicious plus they have Skyline.)
2) They have cheerleaders!!! Apparently, the Marlins were the first MLB team with cheerleaders. Other teams that appear to have cheerleaders too are the Blue Jays, the Padres, and the Cardinals. This is a trend I do not like.

*The Pirates were awful giving up 6 runs in the first inning and walking in a run in the 7th, losing 9 to 1. Ugh!

2 comments:

Shawn said...

3) The new ballpark sucks!
4) And so do Reds fans

StuckeySpalt said...

I wholeheartedly agree with those reasons. My list was not intended to be exhaustive.