Monday, May 19, 2008

We can be happy underground

Before we moved here, I had no idea that downtown Indianapolis had a serious of tunnels. For some reason, the existence of these tunnels now fascinates me. I generally take one from the garage to my building. And on rainy days (and I expect steamy July and August days), I become a mall walker, heading to Circle Center and then walking past the H&M and food court sample hustlers. Every day, as I wander by, I am amused at the prospect of hitting the OTB on my lunch break.

On nice days though, I take advantage my proximity to the canal.

On a side note, I feel like a google failure (or that google has failed me) because I could not find a single picture online of the Indianapolis tunnels.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Are you talking about the above ground tunnels? If so, I use them a lot as well - going from the Spaghetti Factory building all the way to the Hyatt for Charlie & Barney's at lunch.