Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I defy you to disagree with me on this...

The best game show ever is Let's Make a Deal. I admit it---every time this show comes on the Game Show Network, I watch it. I am incredibly entertained by the prizes from the 1960s and 1970s. I love they gave away things like $100 worth of grape juice or frozen meals or contemporary fashion from a store in Dallas. It's great when Monty Hall has to pass the microphone back and forth with pitchman Jay Stewart (could they really not afford a second microphone?). The real prizes definitely amuse me more than the gag prizes, though it is fun to see the look on contestants faces when they win a giant tricycle or a herd of goats. And it doesn't end until there are a few quick deals---$100 for a hard boiled egg! Plus, intellectuals like to ponder the choices made on the show. I am glad they haven't brought it back because it wouldn't be the same, but I am considering checking out the dvd game.

7 comments:

Shawn said...

Wow, I love that there are books written on this subject! My question was always "Do they really have to take home this junk?", ie, goats, or a 1-year supply of canned beets, etc.
I suspect they didn't really take the gag gifts, but I'd like to be proven wrong.
Now I'd like to see a book written on which goofy costumes led to successful Deals!

Kernsie said...

NBC was going to bring Let's Make a Deal back, but they decided on a return American Gladiators instead!

Anonymous said...

Press Your Luck. Best show ever.

Shawn said...

No Whammies!
I was always partial to "Tic Tac Dough", but it doesn't hold up so well these days. That dragon is just so fake! That show would rule now with CGI effects. ;)

Anonymous said...

The Press Your Luck fan was too scared to reveal their idendity...what does that say?

I do enjoy Press Your Luck a lot. The updated version Whammy! just isn't the same.

Anonymous said...

What about "The Gong Show?"

Anonymous said...

Again with the anonymous comment. Are you afraid to reveal your identity? The Gong Show was AWESOME. I wish it was on GSN.