Sunday, December 2, 2007

Return of the Green Fairy


Andy here with two very unrelated thoughts. First, the 15th ranked Indiana basketball team defeated Southern Illinois last night 64-51. Southern Illinois was previously 80-3 at home in over the last several seasons. This is a huge win for the Hoosiers, as they may not even have another opportunity for this big of a road win this season. Beating a ranked opponent on that team's home floor says a lot about this team, and makes me very optimistic for the rest of the year. There is a tune up at home tomorrow against Tennessee St., then the annual rivalry game against Kentucky is on Saturday. I expect double digit victories in both games. To see Kentucky's prized freshman Patrick Patterson pick his nose and eat it, click here.

In other news, I'm not sure how I missed this, but absinthe is now (sort of) legal in the United States again. I've had absinthe on a couple of occasions (thanks to unnamed sources), and it is not as hallucinogenic as big brother would have liked you to believe over the past 100 years, but it is certainly different kind of buzz than regular drinking. It also tastes really horrible, at least if you don't like licorice. Here's Time Magazine's take on the return of the Green Fairy.

1 comment:

Bop said...

Nice.

I suppose that I wasn't technically named. I hope you laughed when you put that up there, because I sure as hell did when I saw it.