Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Traveling east and then east some more

Andy and I are about to head to Indiana and then North Carolina for Christmas. We're going to try to post at least once or twice while we're gone, but we make no guarantees. In the meantime, a few random items.

1) We confirmed today that you can buy growlers of Manny's at Luna Park Cafe. For those of you who don't know Manny's, I am sure that we will devote at least one 'what we will miss most about Seattle' post to this "darn tasty beer." Growlers of Manny's are normally only available at the Georgetown Brewery, which has limited hours (9 am to noon on Saturdays!). Luna Park, on the other hand, is open from 7 am until 9 or 10 pm every day! Plus, Luna Park is tasty in its own right and has breakfast all day.

2) Pitchfork has released its lists of the top 50 albums of 2007 and the top 100 tracks of 2007. Andy has been pouring over them and may blog more about these at a later date. His initial reaction: the top two songs "seem questionable."

3) Kentucky lost again. I should have sympathy with Carolina's (and to a lessor extent Indiana's) recent troubles, but it's Kentucky, so I don't.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Issue #2 is an issue I'd like to discuss...
Pitchfork consistently proves to me that either A) I'm hopelessly uncool, or B) They're hopelessly out of touch with reality.
How is it that most of their choices fall under the label of "bands that I don't get"? How is a fairly dull and middling LCD Soundsystem album their #2 record of the year (not to mention the #1, Panda Bear, who I've never even heard of)? Do people really like this new Radiohead record that much, and if so, why? And how is it that the entire Pitchfork staff appears to uniformly love hip hop (Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye), Indie Dance (MIA, Battles, LCD Soundsystem), and abstruse Indie (Deerhoof, Liars, Animal Collective), and not much else?

Maybe it's just me. :)