Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Body is a Cage

Pitchfork recently posted their top 50 videos of 2007. I've watched many of them and they are all pretty entertaining. The top two are both solid and should be watched. One of them features Zach Galifianakis of the short lived, but outstanding Late World with Zach on VH1. He and Will Oldham are doing an alternative video for Kanye West's "Can't Tell Me Nothin." The top video I can't even explain, it will just have to stand on its own. Follow the link and scroll to the bottom for the the top two videos.

Top 50 Videos, #10-1

Now the one that has stuck with me the most of the ones I've watched is a fan video that somebody put together for The Arcade Fire's "My Body is a Cage." It uses footage from Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West, which is an amazing work of film, especially if you are into westerns. Watch this video and you'll likely want to watch the movie, though it does kind of spoil the end...

This song is pretty good, too, even though I haven't quite manged to get into Arcade Fire's new album, Neon Bible. It sort of reminds me of the Doors in the sense that it takes itself so seriously that I end up kind of wanting to make fun of it. While "My Body is a Cage" clearly takes itself too seriously, it is also a very good song. And coupled with this video, it is certifiably bad-assed.

2 comments:

Slammin' Sam said...

i think i would pay to see that #1 video live. those guys are awesome...

h.Lo said...

I totally need to check these out. I enjoyed the worst album covers. Did you take a peek at it? Totally agreed with most of them...