Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Top Pot hits the Big Time

With our niece Alex visiting, we decided to try the local cupcake place, The Flying Cupcake bakery. We enjoyed our cupcakes, though they weren't up to our Seattle favorite, Cupcake Royale (or runner up in the Seattle contest, Trophy). We do plan on heading back to check out their other flavors and their gelato!

We lived in the northwest too long because we were absolutely shocked that a cupcake place could exist without coffee (though they did have milk at least). This dearth of coffee led us to the nearest coffee shop, in this case, a Starbucks. While there, we happened to mention the words doughnuts and Seattle, and the barista announced to us that that very Starbucks would be getting Top Pot doughnuts in a few weeks! I am not a huge doughnut fan overall (Andy sure is), but I love Top Pot. They won't carry my favorite (the cinnamon sugar old fashioned) and I'm not sure if they'll live up to the ones sold in Top Pot stores, but I am damn sure going to find out!

Now, if they would only sell Manny's....

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I read that Top Pot was doing national distrib to almost all Starbucks locations..sweet victory!

Cupcakes without coffee though? That's just insanity.

h.Lo said...

Exciting, eh? I hope they will be as good too. =)