Friday, October 31, 2008

The big 1-0!

Wow, Andy and I met 10 years ago today. It's pretty hard to believe it's been that long. Here's a picture of us from around that time (actually about a year after we met).


Here's a brief time line of our relationship....

October 31st, 1998: We meet at a Halloween party in the Villas, the classiest apartment complex in Bloomington. Andy's "dressed up like the Cure" which means he has painted his fingernails black. I'm not in costume...and am the DD for my group. After talking to Courtney and John (who should have won a costume contest), Andy is dragged over to meet me...we talk for a long time about music and find out we are both giant fans of Ben Folds Five and Wilco and both hate Dave Matthews.
November 1998: We go out a couple of times...then I freak out...no communication for months.
April 1999: Realizing the school year is ending and his phone number is going to change, I call Andy. We go out a couple more times...then it's summer, and I head home to NC.
Summer 1999: We communicate via email and mix tapes.
August 1999: Back in Bloomington, we start dating for real.
August 2000: We break up...perhaps this could be described as me freaking out again.
August 2001: I move to Portland...
January 2002: 2,313 miles can't keep us apart!
August 2002: I move back across the country, and we move in together in Columbus, Indiana. At this point, we also "rescue" Sydney from my parents.
August 2003: Grad school time: we move to Seattle together.
June 2006: We get engaged and Ramona.
August 2007: After 5 years of 'living in sin', we make it legal and get married.
February 2008: We move to Indianapolis and buy a house. And here we are.

8 comments:

h.Lo said...

AWWWWW. That is so cute. Love the pic and the sentimental post. =) Happy 10th anniversary of meeting day, A&E. xoxo, h.

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th Anniversary. I miss you guys

Vicky

John D said...

That party was pretty lame. Do you guys have a picture of my bong costume? I need to get that digitized.

h.Lo said...

HAPPY BDAY, Andy! =) Just wanted to add that... h&s

Slammin' Sam said...

nice pic. classy. i think you're timeline is a little off, though... shouldn't january 2002 actually be december 2001? i remember andy "staying" at our place that december...

S p A c E said...

Beautiful retrospective of your relationship...but, um...Elizabeth?...we walked to the party!! I'm pretty sure you weren't the designated driver!!! DW maybe...yeah that's it, I remember now.

josh said...

s p a c e m i k e, we drove to the party, parked at the stadium and then walked across to the apartment. Not that it matters. :) Holy crap, 10 years! Elizabeth, I can't believe you almost let him get away, twice! Oh well, everything worked out marvelously.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Josh for setting Mike straight! John---I definitely have pictures somewhere and just bought a scanner---I'll make it happen in the next couple months.