Friday, October 3, 2008

Five Thirty Eight or Fight!


I'm lousy and don't blog very often anymore (funny what having a job can do to a guy!), and that's partly because of my obsession with the election. Elizabeth and I have both been working hard for Obama when we can, and I check websites (all too) frequently looking for the smallest little nugget of updated election news. I think Pollster is still my favorite of the blog-type sites, but I also spend a lot of time in the War Room on Salon.com, as well as Politico. The story (or perhaps future story) that inspired me to blog is from fivethirtyeight.com, which I somehow was told about by three separate people over the course of about 48 last week. Anyways...the article is about how McCain's few scattered field offices all seem to be as dead as fried chicken, while Obama's offices are always bustling with action and volunteers. But what really got my eye was the last line of the story where the reporter says next they are moving on to Chicago, then to Indiana. There's a huge story unfolding in Indiana. Now that could mean just about anything, but my guess is that it's going to be a story about how a bunch of "Joe Sixpack" Hoosiers like us (Maddux, Kerns, Narwold, et al.) are getting off their asses all across the state and turning this thing blue for the first time since LBJ's '64 landslide. Or maybe it's just a story about how the Colts are 1-2 for the first time in a decade.

2 comments:

h.Lo said...

You go, guys! Turn that state blue and we might just move back. ;) ciao, h.

Anonymous said...

The next big story in Indiana is probably more cases of voter fraud from his Acorn buddies.
It was good to see you at Maddux's Sunday. I hope to catch you in Greensburg again soon.

McKell